10:00am - 10:50pm MWF, Grimsley 305, T LETEL 303
Instructor: Mei Q. Chen, Office: Thompson Hall 230
E-mail: email@example.com, Phone: (843) 953-7882 (office)
Course outlines, Homework Assignments, Quizzes, Hour Exams
The main objective of this course is to further
study the concepts and applications of calculus of functions in one variable. Students
will study techniques of integration, applications of integrals, sequences and
series of real numbers,
8E - by James Stewart
Chapter 6, 7, 8, 10 and 11.
The final grade for the course is based on collected homework assignments, quizzes, the Gateway Exam, four hour exams and one comprehensive final exam.
(1) Homework Assignments – 13% of the final course grade.
(i) use FireFox! (ii) class code: citadel 02992238
(Browser Mozilla Firefox gives better display for online homework.)
No late homework is accepted. At the end of the semester, I will add two homework assignments (in average) to your homework total.
(2) Quizzes – 12% of the final course grade.
One or two quizzes will be given each week. There will be no makeup for quiz. At the end of the semester, I will add two quizzes (in average) to your quiz total.
(3) Hour exams - 45% of the final course grade.
Four one-hour exams are tentatively scheduled for (all are on Friday): Sept 15, Oct 6, Oct 27, Nov 18, respectively. Each exam covers the material that will have been gone over in class since the previous hour exam. Exams are designed to test your understanding of the mathematical concepts and computational procedures, and your problem solving skills in calculus.
(4) Final exam - 20% of the final course grade.
The final exam will be comprehensive and is scheduled at 1:00pm - 4:00pm on Thursday, Dec 7.
(5) Gateway Exam on Integration Techniques – 10% of the final course grade
(6) Problem of Week - Two extra points will be added to the final exam score for each correct answer.
Grades (overall average): A = 90% or higher, B = 80% - 89%, C = 70% - 79%, D = 60% - 69%, F = 59% or lower
Click here to view our current grades.
(1) Hours: 2:30pm - 3:30pm MTWRF, Thompson 230 or by appointment
(2) Evening Study Period: 8:00pm - 9:30pm TR, Thompson 230
(3) SI sessions: Tuesday: 6:30-8pm in Thompson 216, Tuesday & Thursday, 2-3pm, Thompson 315
(4) Math Tutors at Math Lab: August 24 – December 12
1pm-4pm, Thompson Hall 107
Sunday-Thursday 7pm-10pm, Thompson Hall 203
Participation Points Program: You will earn 1 extra point to your homework total for every visit with at least 30 minutes in the Math Lab working on your MATH 132 homework or review but not exceed 5 points a week. You must sign in and sign out at the Math Lab on the sign-in sheet.
Last updated: August 22, 2017