Welcome to Citadel ACM
The Citadel Association for Computing Machinery
Welcome to the Citadel ACM, a student chapter of the Association for Computer Machinery.
Comprised of interested members from the Corps of Cadets, membership includes students pursuing undergraduate degrees in Computer Science or Mathematics as well as minors in Computer Programming or Management Information Systems.
Our goal is to create an environment where students can engage in extracurricular activities relating to computer science. We hope to provide an opportunity for students to acquire new skills as well as reinforce topics taught in the classroom.
The Citadel ACM is cadet run and offers a variety of events and extracurricular activities.
- Holding monthly meetings with guest speakers, discussing current issues in computer science.
- Engaging in programming contests at the collegiate level.
- Holding joint meetings with neighboring chapter, The College of Charleston ACM.
- Working with career services on internship and career opportunities.
- Visiting local businesses related to computer science.
"Chapters are the local neighborhoods of ACM. Our Professional and Student chapters worldwide serve as nodes of activity for ACM members and the computing community at large, offering seminars, lectures, and the opportunity to meet peers and experts in many fields of interest."
Feel free to browse our website for more information.